We need you! Almost everyone who works here is a volunteer and we couldn't do this without them! What are your talents and abilities? I am sure we can use them at MyLife Medical & Resource Centers. The following are some of the volunteer positions we need filled:
Requires our In-House Peer-Counselor Training:
- Peer-Counselor (Client Advocate) - actually "counsels" our clients
- Nurse - we do ultrasounds and STD testing. We can train in both of these areas
- Parenting Class Instructor - we have the curriculum and it is very easy to use
- Bible Study Leader/Devotional leader
- Men's Mentoring Peer-Counselor
- Classroom Presenter (STD/Abstinence/Shaken Baby. etc)
- Event Presenter (attend community events)
- Post-Abortion Recovery class leaders & mentors
Does not require Peer-Counselor Training:
- Baby Sitters during Parenting Classes
- Resource Room workers
- Office Cleaners
- Event Coordinator (take the lead in coordinating one of our fund-raising events)
- Event Volunteer (help the event coordinator during one of our fund-raising events)
- Hold an "event" with your group (Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, church class, etc) and, perhaps, collect diapers for us, make up "new mommy bags" for us, treats for our moms on Mothers' Day or our dads on Fathers' Day, etc. The list is limitless. Have an idea? Contact us!
ALL of our volunteers and staff must submit to a criminal background check. If you have had one within the past six months you may send a copy of it with your application.
If you are interested in an upcoming Peer-Counselor training, please download the volunteer application and submit it as soon as possible. We will contact you with the details of the next training dates. We are looking forward to working with you.
If you are considering volunteering at MyLife, please Click here for a downloadable volunteer application. Mail it to:
MyLife Medical & Resource Centers
PO Box 408
House Springs, MO 63051
We will contact you when we receive your application.